DailySports Sri Lanka is seeking news writers to join our current staff. If you would like to become a member of the fastest growing start-up Sports web-site, please email us at jobs[@]dailysports.lk. Mention ‘DailySports Jobs’.
Part time / Full time Journalists
Prior editing and writing experience and some experience in working in a media environment is preferred, but not required. If you are intelligent, energetic, and self-motivated we would like to talk to you! You must be able to work flexible hours. Training will be provided.
- Identifying, researching and reporting on the latest developments in the local sports scene
- Identifying, researching and reporting on the latest developments
- Optimizing all content according to SEO guidelines
- Attending and producing post-event articles of events
- Covering events live via multiple social media channels
- Strong command of English
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Positive team attitude
- Understanding of SEO guidelines
- Experience in working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments. WordPress experience would be an added advantage.
A freelance photographer would be responsible for:
- Taking high-quality pictures while covering events
- Editing and uploading photo albums of events onto Facebook
- Communicating with management and attending selected agreed upon events as requested
- Work with writers to ensure appropriate and high-quality images are available for articles
A freelance photographer would require:
- A DSLR and other camera equipment (Not a must)
- A portfolio of showcasing professional photography skills
- Strong initiative to adapt to situations as they unfold such as changes in lighting